Frequently Asked Questions
Deferment of Tuition Fee
- Needy students who are unable to pay the fees are allowed deferred payment on case to case basis but they are given degree after repayment of balance amount.
- Minimum 50% of fee is to be paid by the student in each semester with remaining 50% amount to be cleared before award of certificate so that the students can get some jobs.
- In order to ensure equal opportunities and to attract more students from the backward areas the following provisions applicable:
- The hostel facilities are partially or wholly subsidized for the needy and bright students from the backward areas, subject to proof of their need for this concession.; and
- The student are required to pay back the subsistence allowance after completion of his/her degree.
Procedure for Subsistence Allowance and Deferment of Tuition Fee
- Students desirous of availing this concession/assistance are required to apply on the prescribed form which can be obtained from the institution.
- No student is eligible to avail at a time both the subsistence allowance and deferment of tuition fee either from the University or any other source from outside.
- The application, duly recommended by head of the institution, is to be forwarded to Main Office, NUST through the concerned Head of the Department.
- The application is considered by a committee comprising Registrar/DIR Post Graduate Programmes(PGP), Director Academics, Director Finance and representatives from the respective institution as members.
- Registrar/Director PGP and Deputy Director PGP/Deputy Director UG are the Chairman and Secretary of the Committee respectively.
- The Committee submits its recommendations keeping in view the state of funds under the head "Tuition Revenue" to Rector whose decision in the matter is final.
- Registrar/ Director PGP draw up a final list of students for whom concession/assistance has been approved.
- Copies of the list is forwarded to all concerned institutions and is on display on the notice boards.
- The awardees of deferment in tuition fee or subsistence allowance will have to provide duly authenticated undertaking by their guarantors before availing these concessions.
1. Fill in online application form by clicking on below link after carefully reading these instructions. 2. Limited number of vacancies are available for the students in the College of E&ME Hostels. These are strictly allotted on the FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. Those who do not recieve allotment confirmation should make their own arrangments for Accommodation. After submitting online form, take print out of filled application form and send it to the following address which should reach within seven days of online form submission. Manager Hostels, Cadet Battalion, NUST College of EME Peshawar road Rawalpindi 3. Attach a bank draft (non refundable processing fee)of Rs 1000 in favor of "Comdt College of EME, Rawalpindi" and a photocopy of domicile form along with the application form. 4. Also attach Hostel Rule Awareness Certificate after signing. 5. Security fee Rs 10,000/- (Refundable) and advance mess payment of Rs. 10,000/- will be deposited at the time of allotment. 6. Applications forwarded with incomplete/wrong information will not be considered for the allotment of hostel accommodation. Application status will only be "Verified" when complete documents are received. 7. Students of local station will not be entertained. 8. In case of SAT (International), documentary proof is required. SAT National students should apply in NUST Student Category. 9. Students who are selected for NUST Merit List of College of E&ME should apply for Hostel Accommodation. Names of those who are not selected, will be deleted.
- Admission is granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in NUST Entry Test (NET) or score in Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited number of seats are reserved.
- The entire process of registration for admission is online.
- Candidates must be in possession of CNIC or Form B or NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis).
- For applying for Registration:-
- FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed Part-I exam.
- A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks in O level as per equivalence cirtificate issued by IBCC.
- When applications for admissions are invited, candidates are first required to get registered by providing valid email address. On provision of registration number, the candidate is required to fill up the online admission form and deposit specified processing fee.
- Candidates can appear in the entry test more than once to improve their score. The merit for admission is prepared on the basis of best score.
- For every attempt to appear in NET, a separate application is to be filled up.
- Computer based entry tests for all disciplines are held in multiple series at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) - 7 - 21 Dec 2019
- Second Series (NET-2) - 14 Mar 2020 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) - Jun-Jul 2020
- Paper based entry test is conducted in Karachi and Quetta in Mar & July.
- In NET-2 & 3, candidates have an option either to appear for Paper Based Test at Karachi & Quetta or Computer Based Test at Islamabad.
- In Computer-based Entry Test, candidates can select the date and session of test according to their choice depending on availability of space.
- Admission process for all undergraduate programmes is conducted once a year to facilitate the commencement of the academic year in Fall.
- For more details, please visit NUST website www.nust.edu.pk.