Deferment of Tuition Fee
- Needy students who are unable to pay the fees are allowed deferred payment on case to case basis but they are given degree after repayment of balance amount.
- Minimum 50% of fee is to be paid by the student in each semester with remaining 50% amount to be cleared before award of certificate so that the students can get some jobs.
- In order to ensure equal opportunities and to attract more students from the backward areas the following provisions applicable:
- The hostel facilities are partially or wholly subsidized for the needy and bright students from the backward areas, subject to proof of their need for this concession.; and
- The student are required to pay back the subsistence allowance after completion of his/her degree.
Procedure for Subsistence Allowance and Deferment of Tuition Fee
- Students desirous of availing this concession/assistance are required to apply on the prescribed form which can be obtained from the institution.
- No student is eligible to avail at a time both the subsistence allowance and deferment of tuition fee either from the University or any other source from outside.
- The application, duly recommended by head of the institution, is to be forwarded to Main Office, NUST through the concerned Head of the Department.
- The application is considered by a committee comprising Registrar/DIR Post Graduate Programmes(PGP), Director Academics, Director Finance and representatives from the respective institution as members.
- Registrar/Director PGP and Deputy Director PGP/Deputy Director UG are the Chairman and Secretary of the Committee respectively.
- The Committee submits its recommendations keeping in view the state of funds under the head “Tuition Revenue” to Rector whose decision in the matter is final.
- Registrar/ Director PGP draw up a final list of students for whom concession/assistance has been approved.
- Copies of the list is forwarded to all concerned institutions and is on display on the notice boards.
- The awardees of deferment in tuition fee or subsistence allowance will have to provide duly authenticated undertaking by their guarantors before availing these concessions.