Cognitive Radio and Wireless Communication (CORWIC) Research Group
Share this story:
Cognitive Radio and Wireless Communication (CoRWiC) Research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, National University of Sciences and Technology focuses on research areas related to the design, analysis and development of wireless communications systems. More specifically, the focus is on research topics related to the Software Defined Radio and Cognitive Radio technology. Other important focus areas include, SDR waveform design, Multi-Input Multi-output (MIMO), Massive MIMO, Orthogonal Division Multiple Access (OFDM), Cognitive Spectrum Sensing, Cooperative Communications, Compressed Sensing, 3G/4G/5G Systems, Wireless Channel Modeling, and Spread Spectrum Systems. The CoRWiC team has a vast experience of conducting high quality research and hands on experience on practical systems.
|Dr Muhammad Zeeshan||Head||Software Defined Radio, Physical layer design, Channel modeling, Time/Frequency Synchronization, Digital Design of Signal Processing Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Shahzad Amin Sheikh||Associate Head||Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processingemail@example.com|
|Dr Qasim Umar Khan||Member||Digital Communication Systems, Microwave and Antenna|
|Engr Furqan Haider||Member||Communication Systems/Signal Processing|
|Engr Saima Shahzadi||PhD Scholar||Channel Equalization|
|Engr Kashif Shahzad||PhD Scholar||Software Defined Radiofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Engr Sumbul Gulzar||MS Student||SDR Frequency Hopping|
|Engr Maryam Bacha||MS Student||Diversity Techniques|
|Engr Majid||MS Student||Design Partitioning of OFDM for SDR|
|Engr Jawad||MS Student||Frequency De-hopping|
Publications (Journal Papers)
1. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A novel fuzzy inference based technique for dynamic link adaptation in SDR wideband waveform”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 64, No. 6, pp. 2602-2609, June 2016.
2. Nida Ishtiaq, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Maximum Likelihood SNR Estimation for QAM Signals over Slow Flat Fading Rayleigh Channel”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 2016.
3. Alina Mirza, Ayesha Zeb, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Dual Protection Technique for Impulsive Noise Suppression in OFDM Systems”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, 2016.
4. Furqan Haider Qureshi, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, Q.U.Khan, F.M. Malik, “SEP Performance of Triangular QAM with MRC Spatial Diversity over Fading Channels”, EURASIP Journal of Wireless Communication & Networking, 2016.
5. Sana Mazahir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “On Companding Schemes for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Systems Employing Higher Order QAM”, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 2016.
6. Sana Mazahir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Optimal Design of Piecewise Linear Companding Transforms for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Systems”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 2016.
7. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A novel algorithm for link adaptation using fuzzy rule based system for wideband networking waveform of SDR”, AEU – International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 69, No. 9, pp. 1366-1373, 2015.
8. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A Novel Algorithm for Burst Detection in Wideband Networking Waveform of Software Defined Radio”, IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol. E98-A, No. 6, pp. 1225-1233, 2015.
9. Sana Abid Khan, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Design and Implementation of a Blind Adaptive Equalizer using Frequency Domain Improved Square Contour Algorithm”, Journal of Signal Processing Systems for Signal, Image & Video Technology, 2015.
10. Sana Mazahir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “An Adaptive Companding Scheme for Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction in OFDM Systems”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 2015.
11. Muhammad Zeeshan, Shoab A. Khan and Ibtsam Haq, “A Two Stage Algorithm for Carrier Frequency Offset Recovery with DSP Implementation on SDR Platform”, IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E97-B, No. 11, pp. 2449-2458, 2014.
12. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “Robust Sampling Clock Recovery Algorithm for Wideband Networking Waveform of SDR”, International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 10-18, Apr. 2013.
13. Syed Shahan Shah, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Performance Comparison of Cross and Rectangular Quadrature Amplitude Modulation over Nakagami Fading Channels for Equal Energy Case”, International Journal of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, 2013.
14. Syed Shahan Shah, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Analysis of Cross QAM over Beckmann Fading Channel”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology, 2013.
15. Hina Shabbir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Trigonometric based time domain constellation shaping technique for peak-to-average power ratio reduction in OFDM systems”, Life Science Journal-Acta Zhengzhou University overseas edition, 2012.
16. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A Robust Carrier Frequency Offset Estimation Algorithm in Burst Mode Multicarrier CDMA based Ad Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 174-181, Dec. 2012.
17. Alina Mirza, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Performance Comparison of Turbo Decoding Algorithms” Canadian Journal on Signal Processing, 2010.
18. Malik Usman Gul, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Design and implementation of a blind adaptive equalizer using Frequency Domain Square Contour Algorithm”, Digital Signal Processing, 2010.
19. Ahmed Tariq, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Efficient Variants of the Square Contour Algorithm for Blind Equalization of QAM Signals”, International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering, 2009.
Publications (Conference Papers)
1. Sumbul Gulzar, Shoab A. Khan and Muhammad Zeeshan, “Digital Hopping of Narrowband Waveform using Wideband Frontend”, 19th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Phoenix Park, South Korea, 2017.
2. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A Novel Digital Frequency De-hopper using Bandpass Sampling Technique”, 9th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Turkey, 2015.
3. Nida Ishtiaq, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, Sana Mazahir, “Bandwidth efficient maximum likelihood SNR estimators for QAM signals in complex AWGN channel”, 9th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ELECO), 2015.
4. Nida Ishtiaq, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Maximum Likelihood Estimator of SNR for QAM Signals in AWGN Channel”, 7th International Conference on Information Technology & Electrical Engineering (ICITEE), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2015.
5. Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Alina Mirza, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Improved Impulsive Noise Reduction Method using Clipping & Adaptive Filters in Rician fading Channels”, 5th International Conference on Engineering & Applied Sciences (ICEAS 2015), Hokkaido, Japan.
6. Alina Mirza, Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “SSRLS based Enhanced Impulsive Noise OFDM Suppressor in AWGN Channel”, 6th International Conference on Computational Methods (ICCM 2015).
7. Haseeb Akram, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, Sana Abid Khan, “Design of Blind Adaptive Equalizer Using Frequency Domain Rectangular Contour Algorithm”, 2nd International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering (ICOCOE, 2015).
8. Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Alina Mirza, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Performance Comparison of Clipping Technique with Adaptive Filters for Impulsive Noise Reduction in AWGN environment”, 11th Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications (AICT 2015) Brussels, Belgium.
9. Alina Mirza, Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Reduction of Impulsive Noise in OFDM Systems using Adaptive Algorithms”, 17th International Conference on Signal & Image Processing ( ICSIP 2015), London.
10. Alina Mirza, Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Enhanced Impulsive Noise Cancellation based on SSRLS”, 2nd International Conference on Computer, Communication & Control Technologies, (I4CT), Malaysia, 2015.
11. Sardar Ameer Akram Khan, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Evolution of Multimodulus Algorithm Blind Equalization Based on Recursive Least Square Algorithm”, 2nd International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering and their Applications (EECEA 2015).
12. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, Zain Mehtab, “Data Aided Algorithm for Burst Detection in Wideband Networking Waveform with FPGA Implementation on SDR Platform”, 11th HONET – Photons for Electronics (PfE) Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 2014.
13. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “An Efficient Burst Detection Algorithm for CDMA/Adaptive TDMA based Wideband Networking SDR Waveform”, 33rd IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Austin, Texas, USA, 2014.
14. Muhammad Zeeshan, Shoab A. Khan, M. Waqas Khan and Sabahat A. Malik, “An Efficient Capacity Improvement Technique for Multiuser DS-CDMA based Fixed Wireless Applications”, International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST), Lahore, Pakistan, Dec. 2012.
15. Muhammad Zeeshan, Shoab A. Khan and M. Yasir Malik, “A Secure DS-CDMA based Technique with Capacity Enhancement for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks”, 2nd International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS), South Korea, 2012.
16. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “A Modified FFT and Biquadratic Interpolation based Algorithm for Carrier Frequency Offset Estimation in MC-CDMA based Ad Hoc Networks”, 8th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), Islamabad, Pakistan, 2012.
17. M. Shahzad Anwar, Muhammad Zeeshan, Saira Aslam, M. Asim Ajaz and M. Salman, “Comparative Performance Evaluation of LDPC coded and Turbo Coded OFDM systems in SUI Multipath Channel Models”, International Conference on Computer Applications & Industrial Electronics (ICCAIE), Malaysia, 2010.
18. Muhammad Zeeshan and Shoab A. Khan, “Power Optimization of Multiuser CDMA based Mobile Ad Hoc Network in tactical Setting”, International Colloquium on Computing, Communications, Control and Management (CCCM), China, Aug. 2010.
19. Kanza Khan, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “PAPR Reduction of OFDM Signals using Convolutional Codes”, Proceedings of 2009 Student Conference on Research & Development (SCORed, 2009).
- High data rate wideband networking waveform for Software Defined Radio (Under Approval Process for ICT R&D)
|Engr Nida Ishtiaq||Graduate Researcher||Wireless Communications|
|Engr Sana Mazahir||Graduate Researcher||OFDM Systems|
|Engr Sumrin Mehak Kabir||Graduate Researcher||Adaptive Filtering|
|Engr Saman Cheema||Graduate Researcher||Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Engr Syed Waqar Haider||Graduate Researcher||MIMO Systems|
Dr Muhammad Zeeshan
Head CoRWiC Research Group