Control Systems and Robotics (CSR) Reasearch Group
The Control Systems and Robotics (CSR) research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering focuses on research activities related to design, analysis, simulation and implementation of closed loop control of dynamical systems. The areas of interest are, but not limited to, linear control, nonlinear control, adaptive control, robust control, optimal control, digital control etc. Over the years, expertise in these areas have been developed through teaching relevant courses, conducting undergraduate projects and postgraduate research theses.
|Dr Fahad Mumtaz Malik||Head||Nonlinear Control Systems, UAVs, Sampled Data Control, Robotics||[email protected]|
|Dr Muwahida Liaquat||Associate Head||Feedback Control Systems, Sampled data systems||[email protected]|
|Dr Shahzor Ahmad||Member||Computer Vision, Machine Learning|
|Engr Salman Qadir||Member||Control Systems|
|Engr Sufyan Hafeez Khan||Member||Control Systems||[email protected]|
|Mr. Azmat Saeed||Member||Electronics, Control Systems||[email protected]|
|Engr Tabinda Ashraf||Member||Control Systems|
|Engr Atif Qayyum||PhD Student||Nonlinear Control Systems|
|Engr Abid Raza||PhD Student||Control Systems|
|Engr Rameez Khan||PhD Student||Control Systems|
|Engr Hammad Zaki||PhD Student||Control Systems|
|Engr Shafiq Haider||PhD Student||Control Systems|
|Engr Naveed Mazhar||PhD Student||Multi Agent UAVs|
|Engr Sammana Batool||MS Student||Control Systems|
|Engr Waqas Ahmed||MS Student||Nonlinear Systems|
|Engr Muhammad Haras||MS Student||Robust Control|
|Engr Umm-e-Aiman||MS Student||Fault Tolerant Control|
|Engr Mustansar Hussain Shah||MS Student||Regulator Design|
Publications (Journal Papers)
1. U. Zulfiqar, W. Tariq, L.Li, M. Liaquat, “”A Passivity Preserving Frequency-Weighted Model Order Reduction Technique”, in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 10.1109/TCSII.2017.2685440, 2017.
2. Rahat Ali, Mohammad Bilal Malik, Fahad Mumtaz Malik, Muwahida Liaqat “Error Minimizing Linear Regulation for Discrete-time Systems”, accepted in Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2017.
3. A. Ali, M.Laiquat and M. B. Malik, “Control of Under-Actuated System with input Constraints”, Pakistan Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, pp 51-72, vol 19, July, 2016.
4. Umair Zulfiqar, Muhammad Imran, Abdul Ghafoor and Muwahida Liaquat, “A New Frequency Limited Interval Gramians based Model Order Reduction Technique”, in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, DOI 10.1109/TCSII.2016.2599111, 2016.
5. M Liaquat, MB Malik, “Sampled data output regulation of n-link robotic manipulator using a realizable reconstruction filter”, in Robotica, volume 34, issue 04, pp. 900-912, 2016.
6. Abdul Jabbar, Fahad Mumtaz Malik, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Nonlinear Stabilizing Control of a Rotary Double Inverted Pendulum; A modified stepping approach”, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2016.
7. Ahmed Mustafa, K. Munwar, F. M. Malik, M. B. malik, M. Salman,S. A. Sheikh, “Reduced Order Observer Design with DMPC and LQR for System with Backlash Non linearity”, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, vol. 8, no. 39, 2014.
8. M Liaquat, MB Malik, FM Malik, “Output Regulation for Linear Sampled Data Systems Using a Realizable Reconstruction Filter” in Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering 39 (5), 3895-3905, 2014.
9. M Liaquat, MB Malik, “On sampled data regulation of feedback linearizable systems using a realizable reconstruction filter” in International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems 11 (6), 1162-1169, 2013.
10. M Liaquat, MB Malik, “Discrete-Time Output Regulation on Sample-Data Systems” in International journal of computer theory and engineering 4 (5), 735-739, 2012.
Publications (Conference Papers)
1. Naila Qayyum, Aamer Iqbal and Muwahida Liaquat, “Landing Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle using continuous Model Predictive Control”, accepted in 29th Chinese Control and Decision Conference, 2017.
2. Q Fazal, M Liaquat, M Iftikhar, “Robust fault tolerant control of an unmanned aerial vehicle in the presence of actuator faults”, IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium (PLANS), 757-763, 2016.
3. Rahat Ali, Muwahida Liaqat, Fahad Mumtaz Malik, Mohammad Bilal Malik, “Optimal Output Quadratic Regulation”, accepted in 6th Intelligent and Advanced System (ICIAS 2016) to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Aug 15 -17, 2016.
4. Qandeel Fazal, Muwahida Liaquat and Neelma Naz, “Robust Fault Tolerant Control of a DC Motor in the Presence of
5. Actuator Faults”, in 16th international conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic control & computer engineering, pp- 327-333, 2015.
6. MM Khan, AU Awan, M Liaquat, “Improving Vehicle Handling and Stability under Uncertainties using Probabilistic Approach”, IFAC-PapersOnLine 48 (25), 242-247, 2015.
7. Waqar Ali, M Liaquat, “Cooperative Output Regulation for Higher-order Linear Multi-agent Systems with Fixed and Switching Topologies”, in 9th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 2015.
8. Saadullah Masood Ahmad, M Liaquat, “Optimal Sample-Data Regulation based on Realizable Reconstruction Filter”, in 9th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 2015.
9. S Ullah, M Liquat, “Optimal output regulation on sample-data systems”, in IEEE International Conference on Control, Electronics, Renewable Energy and Communications (ICCEREC), pp- 79-84, 2015.
10. A Qayyum, R Ali, MB Malik, FM Malik, M Liaquat, “Sampled data output regulation of a linear system based on finite time impulsive observer”, in IEEE International Conference on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (ICAT), pp- 1-5, 2015.
11. A Qamar, AU Awan, KFA Khan, M Liaquat, “Scenario based robust control design for uninterruptible power supplies”, in 15th IEEE International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), pp 1024-1029, 2015.
12. S Waheed, KFA Khan, AU Awan, M Liaquat, “Robust tracking of quadrotor UAV using RISE controller with input saturation”, in 34th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), pp- 5507-5512, 2015.
13. H Saadia, AU Awan, KFA Khan, M Liaquat, S Waheed, “Adaptive control of air-to-air missile using multilayer NN feedforward and RISE feedback terms”, in 10th Asian Control Conference (ASCC), pp-1-8, 2015.
14. SZ Haider, KFA Khan, AU Awan, M Liaquat, “Variable robustness control design for system of aerospace vehicle”, in International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR), pp- 103-108 2015.
15. M A Javed and M Liaquat, “A Nonlinear High-Gain Observer for n-link Robot Manipulator with Measurement Noise in a Feedback Control Framework”, 16th international conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic control & computer engineering, 2015.
16. M Liaquat, MB Malik, “Sampled-data regulation of a class of time varying systems based on a realizable reconstruction filter”, IEEE conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA), pp 1-6, 2013.
17. M Liaquat, MB Malik, “A realizable reconstruction filter for sampled data systems”, ASIC (ASICON), IEEE 9th International Conference, pp- 902-905, 2011.
18. Fahad Mumtaz Malik, Mohammad Bilal Malik and Ejaz Muhammad, “Parameter Estimation of a Single-link Robotic Manipulator in Presence of Backlash”, IASTED Conference on Control and Applications, 2008.
19. Fahad Mumtaz Malik, Mohammad Bilal Malik and Khalid Munawar, “Parameter Estimation of a Single-link Robotic Manipulator in Presence of Dead-band and Dead-zone”, IEEE International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication, 2009.
Tracking and stabilization of multiple degrees of freedom motion platforms
Research Facilities Available
|Dr Raja Amir Azeem||PhD Researcher||Control Systems|
|Dr Atif Ali||PhD Researcher||Nonlinear Systems|
|Dr Niaz Mehdi||PhD Researcher||Anti-windup compensators|
|Engr Qandeel Fazal||Graduate Researcher||UAVs|
|Engr Waqar Ali||Graduate Researcher||Robotics|
|Engr Mohsin Khan||Graduate Researcher||Vehicle Handling and Stability|
|Engr Azeem Javed||Graduate Researcher||High Gain Observer|
|Engr Umair Zulfiqar||Graduate Researcher||Control Systems|
|Engr Wasim Ahmed||Graduate Researcher||Control Systems|
|Engr Bilal Khan||Graduate Researcher||UAVs|
|Engr Hafsa Shafiq||Graduate Researcher||Sampled data robust control|
|Engr Izza Rasul||Graduate Researcher||UAVs|
|Engr Kenza Tayyab||Graduate Researcher||Sampled data control|
|Engr Mudassir Ali||Graduate Researcher||Controller design|
|Engr Sohail Sultan||Graduate Researcher||Sliding mode control|
|Engr Abdul Rehman||Graduate Researcher||Sliding mode control|
|Engr Sami Ullah||Graduate Researcher||Quadrotor Control|
|Engr Safi Ullah||Graduate Researcher||Sliding mode control|
|Engr Hafeezullah Khan||Graduate Researcher||Sampled data output feedback control|
|Engr Sadia Waheed||Graduate Researcher||Control Systems|
|Engr Ayesha Qamar||Graduate Researcher||Controller design|
|Engr Haleema Sadia||Graduate Researcher||Adaptive Control|
|Engr Syed Zeeshan Haider||Graduate Researcher||Missile Control|
|Engr Saad Ullah||Graduate Researcher||Sampled data regulation|
Dr Fahad Mumtaz Malik
Head CSR Research Group