The Sustainable Energy and Power Systems (SEPS) research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering focuses on research activities related to electrical power systems, power generation, distribution and utilization, alternate energy resources, electric vehicles etc. The group consists of several researchers of this field who have expertise in the focus areas of the research group.
1. Azhar Ul-Haq, C. Cecati, and Essam Al-Ammar, “Modeling of Photovoltaic Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station with Vehicle-to-Grid Implementation” in Energies Journal (ISI impact factor: 2.48), Vol. 10, doi:10.3390/en10010004, Dec. 2016.
2. Azhar Ul-Haq, C. Cecati, K. Strunz and E. Abbasi, “Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging on Voltage Unbalance in an Urban Distribution Network” in Springer Journal–Intelligent Industrial Systems, 10.1007/s40903-015-0005-x, ISSN: 2199-854X, Vol. June, 2015.
3. Azhar Ul-Haq, M. J. Chaudhry, Farhat Saleemi, “Hybrid Fuel Cell Power System for Electric Vehicle Applications” published in Journal of Low Power Electronics by American Scientific Publishers Vol. 10 N° 1, pp. 65-71, Mar., 2014.
Publications (Conference Papers)
1. Azhar Ul-Haq, C. Cecati, K. Strunz and E. Abbasi, “Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging on Voltage Profile and Harmonics in a Distribution Network” in Proc. of Int. First Workshop on Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, Doha, March 2015.
2. Azhar Ul-Haq and C. Cecati, “FPGA Based One-Cycle Control of Multilevel Cascaded H-Bridge Inverter” recently accepted for publication in Proc. of IECON 2014 – 40th Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society to be held on Oct. 29, 2014 at Dallas, USA.
3. M. J. Chaudhry, F. Graziosi and Azhar Ul-Haq, “Energy Efficient and Low Complexity Wireless Communication,” in Proc. of 2nd IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing, held in Atlanta USA, Dec. 2014.
4. H. A. Khaled, C. Buccella, C. Cecati and Azhar Ul-Haq, “On flatness-based control for series-connected VSC for voltage dip mitigation” presented and published in Proc. of ISIE 2014, IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, pp. 2637-2642, Jun. 2014.
5. Azhar Ul-Haq and C. Cecati, “Smart Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles” presented and published in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. On Clean Electrical Power, pp. 603-609, Sardinia June, 2013.
6. Azhar Ul-Haq, M. J. Chaudhry, Farhat Saleemi, “A Smart Charging Station for EVs with Evaluation Different Energy Storage Technologies ” presented and published in Proc. of IEEE Conference on Clean Energy and Technology, CEAT, Langkawi, Nov., 2013.
7. Azhar Ul-Haq, C. Cecati, C. Buccella, K. Razi and H. Khaled, “SMART SQUARE: Smart Bi-directional Interface for EVs with Market-based Energy Flow Management and Smart Grid Stabilization Capabilities,” poster presentation at Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei-Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, Rome, Nov. 6, 2013.
8. Azhar Ul-Haq, M. J. Chaudhry, “Data Communication through Spread Spectrum Technology on Power Lines” Presented and Published in Proc. of First International Conf. on Information.
• Incorporating smart charging of electric vehicles in micro-grid operation and its impact analysis
Head SEPS Research Group,