Digital Signal Processing and Radar Systems (DISPR) Research Group
Share this story:
The Digital Signal Processing and Radar Systems (DiSPR) Research Group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering focuses on research activities related to design, analysis, simulation and implementation of DSP algorithms. The areas of interest are, but not limited to multidimensional signal processing, adaptive signal processing, image processing, embedded systems, analog and digital communication systems etc. Over the years, expertise in these areas have been developed through teaching relevant courses, conducting undergraduate projects and postgraduate research theses.
|Prof. Dr Shahzad Amin Sheikh||Head||Digital Signal Processing, Communication Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prof. Dr Syed M.Tahir
|Associate Head||Biomedical Signal Processing, Nanotechnology, Solid state electronics, Thin film email@example.com|
|Dr Muhammad Zeeeshan||Member||Signal Processing for Communication Systems, Software Defined Radio, Digital design of signal processing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Qasim Umar Khan||Member||DSP, Antenna design, Microwave Engineering|
|Asst Prof. Sobia Hayee||Member||Biomedical Signal Processing|
|Engr Bakhtawar Hassan||MS Student||Image Processing|
Publications (Journal Papers)
1. Ayesha Zeb, Alina Mirza, Qasim Umer Khan, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Improving Performance of FxRLS Algorithm for Active Noise Control of Impulsive Noise”, Applied Acoustics, 2016.
2. Alina Mirza, Ayesha Zeb, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Robust adaptive algorithm for active control of impulsive noise”, EURASIP Journal of Advances in Signal Processing, 2016.
3. Muhammad Zeeshan and Ihsan Ullah, “Comparative Analysis of SSRLS and SSRLS with Adaptive Memory for Wireless Channel Equalization”, International Journal of Future Computer and Communication, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 604-607, Dec. 2013.
Publications (Conference Papers)
1. Muhammad Zeeshan, Zain Mehab and Muhammad Waqas Khan, “A Fast Convergence Feed-forward Automatic Gain Control Algorithm based on RF Characterization of Software Defined Radio”, International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering, Putrajaya, Malaysia, 2016.
2. Ayesha Zeb, Alina Mirza, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Filtered-x RLS Algorithm based Active Noise Control of Impulsive Noise”, 7th International Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control, ICMIC’2015, Sousse, Tunisia.
3. Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Alina Mirza, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Impulsive Noise reduction Method based on Clipping & Adaptive Filters in AWGN Channels”, 5th International Conference on Computer, Communication & Management (ICCCM 2015), Rome, Italy.
4. Alina Mirza, Sumrin Mehak Kabir, Shahzad Amin Sheikh, “Impulsive Noise Cancellation of ECG signals based on SSRLS”, International Conference on Soft Computing & Software Engineering (SCSE 2015), USA.
5. Muhammad Zeeshan and Ihsan Ullah, “Comparative analysis of SSRLS and SSRLS with Adaptive Memory for Wireless Channel Equalization”, International Conference on Intelligence and Information Technology (ICIIT), Lahore, Pakistan, 2010.
• Signal Processing trainer boards and kits
• DSP and FPGA development boards
• Spectrum analyzers, digital storage oscilloscopes etc.
|Dr Alina Mirza||PhD Researcher||Impulsive Noise Reduction|
|Engr Faizan Elahi||Graduate Researcher||Parameter Estimation|
|Engr Ayesha Zeb||Graduate Researcher||Adaptive Filtering|
Prof. Dr Shahzad Amin Sheikh
Head DiSPR Research Group