Microwave and Anennas (MICA) Research Group
Share this story:
The Microwave and Antennas (MicA) research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering is focused on the research, design, simulation, fabrication and testing microwave elements and antennas. The group comprises several experienced researchers, who have expertise of designing practical systems related to the microwave engineering. The group is actively working on a number of projects and many students have already completed their MS theses work in connection with these projects.
|Dr Qasim Umar Khan||Associate Head||Microwave, Antenna Design|
|Engr Tahira Parveen||MS Student||Antenna design|
|Engr Amna Khalid||MS Student||Antenna design|
Publications (Journal Papers)
1. Q.U.Khan et.al. “Higher Order Modes: A Solution for High Gain, Wide Band Patch Antennas for Different Vehicular Applications” IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, accepted for publication, June 2016. Impact Factor: 2.243
2. Q.U.Khan, D.Fazal and M.B.Ihsan,”Use of Slots to Improve Performance of Patch in Terms of Gain and Side Lobes Reduction,” IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letter, doi 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2365588, vol.14, pp- 422-425, Feb, 2015.
3. Q.U.Khan and M.B.Ihsan, “Higher Order Mode Excitation for High Gain Microstrip Patch Antenna,” AEUE – International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol.68, No.11, pp.1073-1077, June, 2014.
4. D.Fazal, Q.U.Khan and M.B.Ihsan, “Use of partial Koch boundaries for improved return loss, gain and sidelobe levels of triangular patch antenna” IET Electronics Letter, Vol.48, No.15,2012
Publications (Conference Papers)
1. Qasim Umar Khan and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Design Guidelines for Designing High Gain Patch Antenna in the Ku-band, CENICS 2015”: The Eighth International Conference on Advances in Circuits, Electronics and Micro-electronics, pp 13-16, ISBN: 978-1-61208-430-5.
2. Umar Khan, Q. ; Bin Ihsan, M. A new microstrip star shaped patch antenna , TENCON Spring Conference, 2013 IEEE , Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ TENCON Spring.2013.6584417 Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 53 – 56
Dr Qasim Umar Khan
Associate Head MicA Research Group