Microwave Engineering Research Laboratory (MERL)
Share this story:
Microwave Engineering Research Laboratory (MERL)
Microwave Engineering Research Laboratory (MERL) is conducting research and development work in electronic systems, biomedical applications of microwave and radar technology, microwave active and passive circuits, antennas, radar signal processing, and target classification. MERL has already developed microwave transmitter and receiver, and a range of industrial level circuit modules such as low noise amplifiers, medium gain amplifiers, power amplifiers, microstrip and waveguide filters, power dividers, power combiners, frequency multipliers, mixers, microstrip patch antenna array, folded dipole antenna array, slotted waveguide antenna array, and signal processing card with multiple I/O interfaces. The laboratory is staffed with a team of highly qualified faculty members and research engineers experienced in the use of Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, and Matlab. The laboratory is well equipped with test and measurement equipment up to 40 GHz. This includes Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and Vector Signal Generator, and a Cascade Probe station. Manufacturing facilities include, LPKF H60 circuit milling machine, through hole platting setup, hydraulic press for multilayer circuits and surface mount soldering station equipped with microscope.
|Dr. Mojeeb Bin Ihsan||Professor & Director MERL||Microwave Circuits and Antennas, Semiconductorsemail@example.com|
|Dr. Zubair Ahmad||Asst. Professor||Antennas and Microwave Passive Circuitsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|M. Anis Chaudhary||Asst. Professor||Microwave Circuits and Systemsemail@example.com|
|Muhammad Aamir Javed||Lecturer||Digital Signal Processingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Indigenous Development of Ground Surveillance Radar
- Pilot Level Project of GSR
- Microwave Integrated Transceiver
- Zubair Ahmed, Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “A Novel Differential Fed High Gain Patch Antenna Using Resonant Slot Loading” RADIOENGINEERING, VOL. 27, NO. 3, SEPTEMBER 2018 pp 662-670. DOI: 10.13164/re.2018.0662
- Zubair Ahmed, M. M. Ahmed, Mojeeb. Bin. Ihsan, A. A. Chaudhary, J. K. Arif, “Novel Dual Band Patch Antenna With Gap Coupled Composite Right/Left Handed Transmission Line”, “International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies” Vol. 11, No. 1, 87-93, Feb. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1759078718001162.
- Qasim Umar Khan, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, et.al. “Higher Order Modes: A Solution for High Gain, Wide Band Patch Antennas for Different Vehicular Applications” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology ( Volume: 66 , Issue: 5 , May 2017 ). pp 3548 – 3554. DOI:1109/TVT.2016.2604004.
- Z. Ahmed, “Revisiting the Binomial Multisection Transformer [Application Notes],” in IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 58-65, Feb. 2021, doi: 10.1109/MMM.2020.3035865.
- Wasif Niaz, Zubair Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Reflectarray with Logarithmic Spiral Lattice of Elementary Antennas on its Aperture”, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2016.04.020 J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ) 70 (2016) 1050–1054.
- Qasim Umar Khan, Dilaawaiz Fazal, and Mojeeb bin Ihsan “Use of Slots to Improve Performance of Patch in Terms of Gain and Sidelobes Reduction” IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, pp 422-425, VOL. 14, 2015.
- Qasim Umar Khan, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Higher order mode excitation for high gain microstrip patch antenna”, AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2014, DOI 10.1016/j.aeue.2014.05.009
- Fazal, Q.U. Khan and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Use of partial Koch boundaries for improved return loss, gain and sidelobe levels of triangular patch antenna” Electronic Letters 19th July 2012 Vol.48 No.15.
- Muhammad Wasif, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Performance of Thinned Microstrip Reflectarrays” IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol-2, No. 6, pp 581-585 Dec 2010. ISSN: 1793-8236.
- Qaisar Fraz, H. M. Jafar, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Development of compact wide-band broad side RMSA suitable for on-board applications”, 14th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 10-14 Jan 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan. IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/IBCAST.2017.7868134
- Alyna Ali Chaudhry ; Javeria Khanum Arif ; Zubair Ahmed ; Muhammad Anis Chaudhary ; Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Parameter extraction of composite right / left handed (CRLH) transmission line unit cell using off resonance method”, 14th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 10-14 Jan 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/IBCAST.2017.7868142
- Syed Muhammad Ammar Ali, Zubair Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan. “Beam Steering in HMSIW LWA at Fixed Millimeter Wave Frequency”. 12th International Conference on “High-capacity Optical Networks and Enabling / Emerging Technologies – Information and Communication Technologies” (HONET-ICT 2015, 21-23 Dec)
- Qasim Umar Khan and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Design Guidelines for Designing High Gain Patch Antenna in the Ku-band, CENICS 2015”: The Eighth International Conference on Advances in Circuits, Electronics and Micro-electronics, pp 13-16, ISBN: 978-1-61208-430-5.
- Abbas, T, .Khalid, N.; Bin Ihsan, M. Power amplifier design using GaN HEMT in class-AB mode for LTE communication band”, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2015 International , 24 to 28 August, Dubrovnik, pp 685-689, IEEE, DOI 1109/IWCMC.2015.7289166.
- Muhammad Shehbaz, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, Anis Chaudhary, Ijteba-ul-Hasnain Shah, Habib Ahmad, Performance Comparison of λg/2 Resonator Based Oscillators, 11th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences And Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, 14th – 18th January 2014, pp 482 – 487.
- Liaqat, Sidrah ; bin Ihsan, Mojeeb ; Asghar, S.Zeeshan ; Ejaz, Aqib ; Javed, Aamir, High resolution 2D time frequency representation of radar micro-Doppler pedestrian signal, Radar Conference (EuRAD) 2013, 10th European, Oct 2013, pp 168 – 171.
- Javed, Aamir ; Liaqat, Sidrah ; Bin Ihsan, Mojeeb , Support Vector Machine based micro-Doppler signature classification of ground targets Microwave Conference (EuMC), 2013, 10th European, Oct 2013, pp 515-518.
- Umar Khan, Q. ; Bin Ihsan, M. A new microstrip star shaped patch antenna , TENCON Spring Conference, 2013 IEEE , Digital Object Identifier: 1109/ TENCON Spring.2013.6584417 Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 53 – 56
- Nauman Akhtar, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, Muhammad Imran, Impedance Bandwidth Enhancement of Low Noise Amplifier Using Photonic Band Gap Structures, Proceedings of 2013 10th International Bhurban Conference Of Applied Sciences And Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, 15 – 19 January 2013.
- Javed, A.Ejaz, S. Liaqat, A. Ashraf ,M.B. Ihsan Automatic Target Classifier for a Ground Surveillance Radar using Linear Discriminant Analysis and Logistic RegressionProceedings of The 9th European Radar Conferenc, 31 Oct – 2 Nov 2012, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.pp 302 – 305.
- Liaqat, S.A Khan, M.B.Ihsan, S.Z.Asghar, A.Ejaz “Automatic Recognition of Ground Radar Targets based on Target RCS and Short Time Spectrum Variance” Innovation in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA) 2011 pp 164-167, IEEE International Symposium.
- Abbas Bin Younas Awan, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “A New High Directivity Fractal Antenna Based on the Modified Koch Snowflake Geometry” Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC 2010) Dec 7-10, 2010, Yokohama Japan.
- Muhammad Wasif, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Performance Comparison of Different Aperture Shapes for Microstrip Reflectarray,” German Microwave Conference (GeMIC), Germany, Mar 2010, pp 250 to 253.
- Muhammad Waqas, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Multiband Sierpinski Fractal Antenna”, IEEE International Multitopic Conference, Islamabad, Pakistan, Dec 2009, pp. 376-381
- Sara H. Dar, Zubair Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Characterization of Waveguide Slots Using Full Wave EM Analysis Software HFSS’, IEEE INMIC Conference Proceedings, Karachi, Pakistan, Dec 2008, pp. 85-90.
- Sara Hameed Dar, Zubair Ahmed, and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Design of a Low Side Lobe Slotted Waveguide Planar Array”, Fifth International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, IBCAST, Islamabad, Pakistan, 8th -11th January, 2007. pp. 31-34.
- Yawar Nadeem and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “The Design, Performance and Comparison of Four Different Ku-Band Common-Source DROs”, Proceedings of IEEE INMIC 2006 10th International Multitopic Conference Islamabad Pakistan, 23-24 December 2006, pp 22-27.
- Tahir Abbas and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Design of a two stage Low Noise Amplifier at Ku Band”, 17th International Conference on Microelectronics, Islamabad, Pakistan, 13-15 December 2005, pp 40-45.
- Zubair Ahmed, Sara Hameed Dar and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Design of Ku Band Uniform Folded Dipole Antenna Array”, Fourth International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 13-18 June, 2005, pp 69-73.
- Zubair Ahmed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan Naveed Chaudhry, and Jahangir Kiani, “Design of Low Side Lobe Aperture Coupled Microstrip Antenna Array”, Proceedings of IEEE INMIC 2004 8th International Multitopic Conference Islamabad Pakistan, 24-26 December 2004, pp 227-231.
- Tahir Abbas, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Parallel Coupled Microstrip Band Pass Filter Design using EM-Analysis”, Proceedings of IEEE INMIC 2004 8th International Multitopic Conference Islamabad Pakistan, 24-26 December 2004, pp 703-705.
- Zubair Ahmed, Sara Dar and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Design of an Aperture Coupled Microstrip Antenna Array”, Third International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 7-12 June, 2004, pp 670-678.
- Tahir Abbas, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan. “Design of Coupled-Line Coupled Hairpin-Line Filter Using EM Analysis for Parameter Extraction”, Third International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 7-12 June, 2004, pp 740-745.
- Saeed Ahmed But, Yahya Younus Sethi, Hina Tahir, Khawaja Abdul Waheed, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Design and Simulation of Microwave Front end of a DIFM Receiver using COTS”, IEEE INMIC 2003 International Multitopic Conference Islamabad Pakistan, 8-9 December 2003, pp 224-227.
- Muhammad Yahya Younus Sethi, Hina Tahir, Khawaja Abdul Waheed, Saeed Ahmed But, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Performance Analysis of COTS based Microwave Front End of a DIFM Receiver”, Second International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 16-21 June, 2003, PP 299-305.
- Naveed Ahsan, Jahangir Khan Kayani and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan “Integrated Microstrip Patch Antenna and LNA Assembly for GPS Repeaters”, Second International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Bhurban, Pakistan, 16-21 June, 2003, PP 333-343.
Prof. Dr Mojeeb Bin Ihsan
Contact No. 051-54444004